Thursday, August 24, 2006

 

New York - Washington

In the morning I visited Union Square. Union Square is right next to NYU, and I saw a few students as I was doing some shopping. After I got that done, I went to Midtown and continued reading a lengthy novel I picked up the week before (Special Topics in Calamity Physics, Marisha Pessl).

Near my brother's office I waited for one of the infamous "Chinatown" buses to take me on the next leg of my trip. There are at least a half dozen bus companies, running at least a half dozen buses daily, that transport bargain seekers to Chinatowns all over the East Coast. I found a company that picks people up at Times Square. For only $35 roundtrip, I got a comfortable 3.5-hour ride to Washington, DC, where I would stay with a friend from college, Naomi. (I bought my bus tickets at gotobus.com).

I arrived in DC's Chinatown at 5pm. I took the Metro to College Park in Maryland, where I met Naomi. We spent the evening dining at a Mexican restaurant and falling asleep watching a Hitchcock movie on TV.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?